Franklin, Mass.-- The Lesley Women's Volleyball team picked up their 5th win on the season after defeating the Dean College Bulldogs 3-1 Wednesday evening. With the win, Lesley improves to 5-15 overall and 2-5 in the NECC. Sophomore Tallin Goldberg registered her 1,000 career assist in the win.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley quickly opened up a 2-0 lead with 25-16 and 25-18 victories to begin the match.
- Dean did get back into the match with a 25-22 win in the third set and things were looking as if they might take the fourth set when they went ahead 10-3 following a Kait Anderson kill.
- Things changed quickly, however, as the Lynx rallied, tying the set at 13-13 before eventually taking the lead at 17-16. The Bulldogs battled back and evened the frame at 19-19 on a Miranda Marquez kill.
- It was tied again at 23-23 but Lesley got the final two points, including the match-sealing service ace from Teresa Imbsweiler.
- Cassidy Wygonik spiked 24 kills in the match, while Maile Counts added 14 kills to lead the Lynx in the victory.
- Tallin Goldberg had a season high 40 assists to set up the Lynx offense, including her 1,000 career assist as a sophomore.
Lesley next travels to Eastern Nazarene College for a tri-match against the Lions and Fisher College.