Medford, Mass.-- The Lesley Women's Volleyball team showed much promise, but came up short in the first home match of the season falling to Bay Path University 3-1 Tuesday evening. With the loss, Lesley slips to 1-11 and 0-3 in the NECC while the Wildcats improve to 6-8 and 2-1 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Wildcats earned the 3-1 victory over the Lynx claiming the first set 25-20, the third set 25-18, and the final set 25-23. Lesley won the second set 25-17, but couldn't find the momentum to finish.
- Cassidy Wygonik led all players with 19 kills on the night on offense while chipping in 10 digs on defense.
- Maile Counts was next on the leaderboard for the Lynx with 8 kills and team high 13 digs. Setter Tallin Goldberg continued to dish her teammates with a match high 29 assists. Counts and Goldberg each had match high 5 service aces a piece.
- Shanikqua Thompson led the Wildcats with 10 kills. Lexi Cears was close behind with 8 kills and Lydia Clifford with 7.
- Latonia Hornsby served up 26 assists and 13 digs in the win, while libero Joanne Nazario had a match high 21 digs to keep the Lynx from scoring.
Lesley next travels to Pine Manor College on Thursday October 4th for a double header beginning at 6pm.