Oct 24, 2018
- Cambridge, Mass.—The Lesley men's soccer team battled to a 2-1 victory with NECC contender Dean College Wednesday evening at Franke Field. With the win, Lesley secures a spot in the NECC Conference post season tournament. The Lynx improve to 4-7-4 overall and 3-3-1 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- It was a pretty evenly contested first half for both squads with limited opportunities. Dean held the advantage in shots 5-3, but both teams got off 2 shots on net.
- Despite the bulldogs having more opportunities, the Lynx were able to execute hitting the back of the net once for a 1-0 lead going into the break.
- Liam Perrine out hustled a Bulldog defender and got his own rebound for a one touch to the bottom right corner of the goal.
- The Bulldogs evened the score in the 57th minute. Felipe Campos chipped a ball from the left wing that tucked right under the top right corner cross bar and bounced behind the goal line for the 1-1 tie.
- Lesley broke the stalemate in the 76th minute off a blast from Perrine, his second of the night. Perrine got a shot off from the right wing that deflected off a Bulldog defender and ricocheted into the top right corner of the goal giving Dean backstop Devin Moore no chance.
- Lynx goaltender David Crutchfield registered 5 saves in the win for Lesley.
The Lynx host Mitchell College in their final home contest of the regular season on Saturday October 27.