HENNIKER, N.H. - The Lesley men's soccer team fell to the New England College Pilgrims in their 7th overtime match of the season. The Lynx have been unable to secure the late goal in any overtime match thus far, with the Pilgrims giving them their seventh loss of the season overall and third in conference. The Lynx now sit at 2-7-4 overall, and 2-3-1 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The first half ended the way it started with the teams tied at 0-0. The Pilgrims outshot the Lynx by a 10-0 margin. Three of the shots were on goal while the other seven had missed the target.
- The Lynx struck first in the first 10 minutes of the second half. Tiago Pacheco found himself open in front of the goal and headed home a corner kick set piece from Shane Rockenbach. For Pacheco, it was his second of the year.
- The Pilgrims would battle to regain momentum and they did with a fortunate bounce. Vasili Vakalfotis fired a shot that was blocked by a Lesley defender. The ball ricocheted to
Miguel Argueta who set up Kyle Clements for the tying goal with 10 minutes remaining in the game.
- With the score tied at 1-1, the teams would take the field once more for the first overtime period. The Pilgrims would spend most of the time in the attacking zone. Clements would earn free space on the right sideline and sent a ball to the left post. Argueta was there, waiting for the set and headed it home for the game winner in overtime.
- Dylan Mix earned the win for New England College making three saves on four shots, while his counter part, David Crutchfield, made seven saves on nine shots in the losing effort.
The Lynx head to Rivier College on Monday for a non-conference match at 7pm.