Oct 16, 2018
- Cambridge, Mass.—The Lesley men's soccer team battled with NECC contender Newbury College Tuesday evening to a 0-0 tie at the end of two over time periods. Lesley is now 2-6-2 overall and 2-2-1 in NECC action, while Newbury sits at 8-3-3 and 4-0-2 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The ball was played pretty evenly for much of the first half, with possession going back and forth in the middle of the field.
- Shots were limited on both sides with visiting nighthawks holding a slight advantage 5-4 in the first forty-five.
- The second half saw similar action, with minimal opportunities for both teams until the final seven minutes of play when both squads had two close chances but couldn't execute.
- Warren Exeus was the lone player for the Nighthawks on a loose ball just outside the six yard line on the right wing. He let a shot rip but just missed wide. Newbury followed up with Julius Davis sending a ball towards the bottom left corner, but Lynx goalkeeper Patrick Corcoran made a diving save.
- With 30 seconds remaining Anthony Farago just missed wide on the left side. Teammate Tiago Pacheco was there for the rebound and sent a ball back into the box, where Farago connected with his head and just missed high to send the game into overtime.
- Newbury outshot the Lynx 5-2 in both overtime periods, but were unable to execute any attempt to force the game to end in a 0-0 deadlock.
Lesley returns to action Saturday afternoon at New England College.