Cambridge, Mass.—The Lesley Men's Soccer team hosted Pine Manor College in a non-conference match up at Franke Field Wednesday evening. A pretty evenly contested match for both squads left the match ending in a double overtime 1-1 tie.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Gators dominated the attack most of the first half outshooting Lesley 8-3, but the Lynx were able to even the score and send the match into half time with a score of 1-1.
- Pine Manor took advantage of a Lesley foul inside the box and sunk a penalty kick to take a 1-0 lead in the 29th minute. Adrian Ochoa beat Lynx keeper David Crutchfield striking the bottom right corner.
- Andrew Medeiros evened the score in the 38th minute as he chased down a loose ball just outside the eighteen. Medeiros got a foot on it before the defender and placed it well over the goaltender's reach.
- Five minutes into the second half, Crutchfield made a full extension diving save to keep Cesar Garcia's blast from hitting the top left corner of the net.
- In the 75th minute Lesley had it's best chance of the second half off a free kick from about 40 yards out. Tiago Pacheco sent a ball into the right side of the goalie box where Fabian Martinez-Sanchez connected for a header. Gator goalkeeper, Angel Pena made a diving save on the left side of the line to keep it at a deadlock.
- Neither side was able to net a goal in either overtime period. The Gators held the advantage in shots 21-6, and corners 5-3 but junior Crutchfield had many top notch saves to keep his team even on the scoreboard and finish in a 1-1 tie after double overtime.
Lesley next travels to Elms College for an NECC match up on Saturday at 12pm.