Cambridge, Mass.--The Lesley University men's soccer team hosted Southern Vermont College Saturday evening for an NECC conference match. The Lynx dominated the match, scoring a season high six uncontested goals. With the win, Lesley improves to 2-4-1 and 2-0 in NECC play, while the Mountaineers drop to 1-10 and 0-3 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx opened up the match scoring three goals in just over ten minutes, and finished with a 4-0 lead going into the second half.
- Carter Bliss the first goal of the night three minutes into the match with beautiful shot from the far right side. He blasted a shot that bounced off the left post and into the goal.
- Just a minute later Liame Perrine fired a shot from about fifteen yards out that gave Mountaineer goalie no time to react.
- Bliss picked up another point in the match went he sent a cross from the right wing into the box. Forward Gerry Chica headed a perfectly timed ball for the third goal in the half.
- Chica followed up by netting a penalty kick in the 16th minute of play to cap the 4 goal scoring spurt in the first half.
- Andrew Medeiros landed the 5th goal of the night when he beat a defender to a loose ball then slid to kick the ball past the diving goalie.
- The Lynx capitalized again on a foul in the Mountaineer back line. Beowulf Urban struck a penalty kick to the bottom right corner of the net past the diving goalie to make it 6-0 in favor of the Lynx.
"The boys came out very motivated to set the tone of the match early and they did just that," said head coach James Costa. "It was a great team effort which is always required especially in conference matches. The boys deserved the result of tonight's game," he concluded.
Lesley next host Pine Manor College Wednesday at 8pm.