Posted: Sep 22, 2018
Cambridge, Mass.--The Lesley University men's soccer team hosted Gordon College Saturday evening in a non-conference match up at Franke Field.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Gordon College opened up the scoring in the 8th minute of play to take an early 1 nil lead. Luckson Dambo one timed a rebound off the right post right in front of the net giving Lynx goaltender David Crutchfield no chance at the save.
- The Scots dominated the attack for much of the first half getting off 12 shots to Lesley's 4, and also lead in corner kicks 2-1 in the first 45 minutes of play.
- Gordon doubled their advantage early in the second half. A Lesley foul in the 46th minute gave Stephen Heintz a free kick well outside the eighteen. Heintz blasted a shot that managed to travel through the crowded box untouched and found the back of the left corner of the net.
- The Scots added one more to the scoreboard in the 59th minute. Dambo notched his second goal of the night deep from the left side. He crossed a ball that hit the far right post and ricocheted back into the net.
- Gordon outshot the Lynx 22-6 in the match, and had a 5-1 advantage in corner kick opportunities.
- Lynx backstop David Crutchfield had many diving savings to keep the opposing Scots to just three goals.
Lesley next hosts Emerson College Wednesday evenings at 8pm.