Medford, Mass. – Lesley University Men's Basketball come up just short in a close game against Southern Vermont College, 71-69. Lesley falls to 1-14 on the season and 0-7 in conference, Southern Vermont College stride to a 12-4 record, 6-2 in conference play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley started shooting the ball well holding a 15-6 lead with 13:12 remaining in the half after a Tristen Reese layup. Following Reese layup, the Mountaineers sparked an 15-0 run over the next four minutes.
- Both teams continued to hold each other close through the final minutes of the 1st half with the score ending 34-33 Lesley.
- The second half kicked off with hot shooting from the visitors, storming to a 41-34 lead with an 8-0 run in the first three minutes.
- Lesley responded with a run of their own, retaking the lead at the 8:33 mark after a Reese three, capping a 12-2 spurt.
- Southern Vermont College took a late lead at the 6:43 in the second half courtesy of an Andre Hobo free throw. The Mountaineers would go to expand their lead to six after a Damon Daniel free throw, 65-59.
- The Lynx would come within one at the 1:32 mark after a Joey Martin three, but clinical free throw shooting from Josh Borders would close out the contest in favor of the visitors, 71-69
- Chase Howard and Martin lead the way for the Lynx with a combined 46 points on the night, 24 points and 22 points respectfully. Reese provided 12 point off of the bench.
- The Mountaineers were led by Hodo, 17 points, and Borders, 21 points, in the scoring department.
Lesley (1-14, 0-7) will travel to Newbury College Thursday, January 17th, at 7:00PM in a NECC contest. Southern Vermont College (12-4, 6-2) will next host Mitchell College Thursday, January 17th, at 6:00PM.