Chicopee, Mass. – The Lesley men's basketball team led 44-33 over Elms College at the half, but a 17-2 second-half run for the Blazers earned the home team the conference victory, 84-71. The loss gives the Lynx a 1-10 overall record and 0-3 in NECC conference play, while the Blazers earned their first win on the season and sit at 1-10 overall and 1-3 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Elms opened the game on a 10-2 run and kept a steady eight point lead through much of the first half.
- Trailing 21-12, senior Joey Martin sunk a 3-pointer to spark a 20-5 run for the Lynx and claim a 32-26 lead with six minutes left in the first half. Martin hit for three makes from beyond the arc to help give Lesley the edge.
- Treyvon Trent helped Martin in the second half surge with 15 points, including a three with 40 seconds remaining to give Lesley an 11-point lead going into the half.
- The Blazers trailed 48-37 early in the second half before a 17-2 run put them ahead, 54-50.
- Lesley cut that lead in half with a bucket but Elms responded with an 11-1 run to build the advantage to 65-54 with eight minutes to play. The Blazers outscored the 28-5 over a nine minute stretch to take control of the game and earn the conference victory.
- Nikolas Brown was dominant for Elms, leading all players with 27 points and 15 boards. Kewan Smoot added 14 points off the bench on 5-of-7 shooting and collected eight rebounds, and Justin Feliciano finished with 13 points and six assists in the win.
- Treyvon Trent and Joey Martin each eclipsed the 20-point mark for the Lynx. Trent led Lesley with 26 points, nine rebounds and six assists while Martin added 23 points and 10 boards.
- Elms shot 47.7 percent (31-of-65) for the game. Lesley built its halftime lead by shooting 53.1 percent (17-of-32) from the field in the first 20 minutes but cooled off in the second half to shoot 45.6 percent (26-of-57) for the game.
- The Blazers controlled the glass, out-rebounding Lesley 46-33, including 15-6 on the offensive end, which led to a 16-4 advantage in second-chance points.
Lesley is back in action on Thursday, hosting NECC foe Eastern Nazarene.