Quincy, MA. - The Lesley University Lynx opened up New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) play with a split double header against the Eastern Nazarene Lions. The Lions took game one 4-1 and the Lynx picked up game two 6-4. After the day the Lynx move to 3-12 overall and are now 1-1 in conference play. The Lions are now 10-7 overall and are 1-1 for NECC play.
LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS-GAME 1
- The Lynx got on the board first in the bottom of the first with a run scored by Will Rhone (North Haven, CT.) after advancing on a passed ball. The Lions answered in the next inning with an RBI single from James Coury to bring in Josh Bombard. The Lions added on three more with a sacrifice fly from Connor Simpson and a two-run single from Steven Pesce to end the top of the inning 4-1.
- Neither team would go on to record a run for the remainder of the game.
- Brett Dabrowski (South Windsor, CT.) takes the loss (2-3), with 7 innings pitched, and 3 earned runs allowed. Brent Houle takes his third victory after pitching a complete game and allowing no earned runs.
LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS-GAME 2
- The Lynx starting scoring early in the bottom of the first with a triple to left field from Javi Martinez (Chelsea, MA.) to bring in Rhone and Vincent Taliercio (Vally Stream, N.Y.). The Lions answered in the top of the second with a leadoff double from Zach Carmody and an RBI single from Josh Bombard next to bring him in, but the Lynx were able to hold the Lions to 2-1.
- In the bottom of the fourth Leo DiGuilio (Bradley Beach, N.J.) brought the Lynx to 3-1 with a huge triple to left field, driving in Zach Rossi (Shrewsbury, MA.). However, the Lions came back in the next inning with a three-run double from Zach Carmody.
- Tied at 4-4 in the bottom fifth, Ryan Pumphret (Shrewsbury, MA.) and Martinez hit back-to-back solo homeruns to give the Lynx the edge and inevitable win over the Lions. Off the first pitch in the sixth inning, Rossi tacked on one more insurance run with the third solo homerun of the game.
- Daniel O'Donnell Jr. (Clark, N.J.) takes the victory (1-2), in 2.2 innings pitched. Brenndan Rogers slides to 2-2 with 4.2 innings pitched while allowing five earned runs.
- The Lynx were led by Martinez, Rossi, and DiGuilio who all went 2-3 and for extra bases. Martinez had 3 RBI's, one triple, and one homer.
The Lynx (3-12, 1-1) continue conference play tomorrow with a double-header against Southern Vermont College at Clark University in Worcester, MA.