West Hartford, Conn.-- The Lesley Women's Volleyball team can't seem to find its stride as they dropped their second match in as many days to the University of Saint Joseph. With the loss the Lynx slip to 1-7 while the Blue Jays improve to 4-5.
INSIDE THE SCORESHEET:
- The Blue Jays swept the Lynx with scores of 25-11, 25-20, and 25-19.
- Maile Counts had a match high 10 kills and chipped in 3 service aces to lead Lesley. Talling Goldberg tallied 15 assists while Wing Li had a match high 15 digs for the Lynx.
- University of St. Joseph's had several players chip in with kills, but Nina Lesturd paved the way with 6. Brenna Miller led all players with 20 assists, and Hannah Benson had 10 digs in the win.
- Lesley jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead in the first set, but the Blue Jays went on a 7-1 run to take an early command of the match. After a few Lesley points, the Blue Jays answered with a 10-0 run to take a 17-7 lead and keep the distance for the 25-11 set one win.
- The Lynx opened the second set with a 7-1 advantage sparked by the tandem of Goldberg and Counts and forced a Blue Jay timeout. The blue and gold responded with a 7-1 run of their own to even the score 8-8.
- Both teams exchanged points, but the Unversity of Saint Joseph's scored a quick three points and the Lynx couldn't recover for the eventual 25-20 set two win for the Blue Jays.
- An early 7-2 run for the blue and gold in set three paved the way to claim the match win over the Lynx in 3 sets.
Lesley next travels to Regis College on Thursday September 20th with a 6pm match time.