Medford, MA- Lesley Men's Volleyball were on the wrong end of two 3-0 matches against Southern Vermont College on Saturday afternoon Medford High School. Southern Vermont captured match one by scores of 25-11, 25-18, and 25-16. Lesley kept the scores close in game two but could not overcome the Mountaineers: 25-21, 25-16, and 25-14. Lesley post a season record of 0-15, 0-13 in New Collegiate Conference (NECC) play, while Southern Vermont improve to 6-13, 3-9 in conference overall.
LESLEY HIGHLIGHT- GAME 1
- Alexander Genova (Groton, CT) paced the Lynx with a team high nine kills for the offense.
- Leading in assists was John Gersbeck (Westerly, R.I.), as the senior gave out eight assists on the afternoon.
- Meanwhile, Andrew Medeiros (Bristol, R.I.) mopped up defensively with eight digs.
LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS- GAME 2
- Genova, again, was the top offensive student-athlete for the Lynx with six kills in the match.
- Gersbeck, continued to run the offense nabbing six assists.
- Defensively, Genova and Medeiros were tied for game high in digs, each with 10. Armando Bahena (Quincy, MA) chipped in with eight digs of his own.
Lesley (0-15, 0-13) have a quick turnaround as they head to Pine Manor College for a tri-match with Colby-Sawyer College on Sunday, March 31, Lesley will first play at 12:00PM. Southern Vermont College (6-13, 3-9) travel to Sage College for their next match, on Tuesday, April 2nd.