Cambridge, Mass- Lesley's men's volleyball team were defeated in straight sets (25-8, 25-11, 25-9) by a powerful Dean College Bulldogs in a NECC conference game at Nicholas Athletic Center on Wednesday, February 28. The Lynx are still winless in this campaign with three defeats with two of their losses occuring in conference games. The Bulldogs have played four times as many games as their Cambridge couterparts and improve to a 5-7 record with this success on the road being their first conference victory after three attempts.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Lesley got the game's opening point after Dean's Moussa Seck was guilty of an attack error but the Bulldogs responded quickly by posting the next seven scores.
- The Lynx were unable to register a kill in the first set as their eight points originated from the Bulldogs making both service and attack errors. Dean's Seck, Bobby Tetreault and Joel Carmona all made two errors in the first set which led to points for Lesley. However, the Franklin school still managed to claim the maiden set by 17 points.
- Lesley made an improved start to the second set as they were tied with the visitors at three points each after a service error. Nathaniel Chambers scored with a kill in the early stages.
- Dean stormed clear into a 13-3 lead following a 10 point streak.Tetreault managed to score with three service aces during this period but when the setter aimed to stretch his team's lead, he made a service error.
- Lesley middle hitter John Gersbeck contributed two points in succession for his side in the second set as his kill was immediately backed up with a service ace. The Lynx managed to claim three more points in the second set but fell in the second set 25-11.
- Dean showed their capabilites from behind the end-line with three of their opening nine points in the third set coming from service aces.
- John Gersbeck scored with a kill to cut Dean's third set lead to 11-5 but Lesley was unable to build momentum after a couple Lynx miscues.
- Lesley's remaining four points in the concluding set all came from errors from their opponents with middle blocker Gabe McClain committing two faults for the eventual winners.
- Dean closed out the contest with a six point streak which included two kills from freshman Diondre Gomes to end the match in a 3-0 win with a 25-9 final set score.
Lesley hits the road tomorrow for a match against Pine Manor College on Thursday, March 1 at 7pm.