Nashua, N.H.-- The Lesley men's basketball team opened the 2018-2019 campaign with an 87-61 loss to Rivier University in the non-conference game at Muldoon Gymnasium Saturday afternoon. The Raider are now 1-1 on the young season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- A 45-point first half combined with a 16-point lead after the opening 20 minutes gave the Raiders enough of an advantage for the win.
- Junior Nate Hale powered the explosive Raider offense with a 20-point effort, shooting 9-of-15 from the floor while also pulling down five rebounds. Classmate Issaiah Chappell dropped 15-points and led the team with six rebounds as did freshman Jalen Watson who finished with 15 points & six rebounds off the bench. Fellow rookie Patrick Myers and sophomore Tarik Rivers also reached double-digits with 11 and 10 points of their own.
- Lesley had a pair of 20-point scorers as junior Treyvon Trent and senior Joey Martin scored 21 and 20 points, respectively. Sophomore Chase Howard added 10 points and led the defensive effort with seven rebounds.
- The Raiders shot 89.5% from the free throw line to the Lynx 68%.
- The Raiders also outshot the Lynx from beyond the arc sinking 8 3-pointers to Lesley's 4.
Lesley hits the road for their next scheduled game on Wednesday night at Westfield State. Tip-off is slated for 7pm.